Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why Insure?
If the most unfortunate situation occurred and your horse had to be destroyed – can you afford to replace him?
2. What type of horse do you insure?
We insure a wide range of horses including: Show Jumpers, Eventers, Ponies, Thoroughbreds, Standardbreds, Stallions.
3. What value do I insure my horse for?
We will insure your horse at a market value given to us by you.
Note: Justification of value may be required. If so, you may will be required to provide the following:
- Copy of receipt showing purchase price;
- Confirmation of purchase offer;
- Copy of Registration cards;
- Confirmation by a Registered Valuer.
4. What cover do we receive?
We can provide you with a wide range of covers depending on your requirements and the animal you wish to insure. Refer to the appropriate Products page for more information.
5. Do I Need A Vet Certificate?
The requirements for a Veterinary Certificate varies with the type of cover, value and the animal’s use. For details of these requirements refer to the appropriate Products page. In other cases a Declaration of Health may be acceptable.
6. When do I need to notify the insurance company if something happens?
In the event of death or any life threatening lameness, illness, accident or disease you or your representative or the person who has care, custody and control of your horse should call us immediately. We can be contacted on 07 827 7071 or 0274 764 625.
7. What happens if I have a claim?
You will need to call us on 07 827 7071 or 0274 764 625 immediately. A Post Mortem & Vet Certificate are required. These costs are at the insured’s expense.
8. Does the insurance policy cover transport?
Our policies cover your horse in New Zealand and transits between New Zealand & Australia.
Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.